|Dear Friends of the Maya Centre,
We’re sure most of you have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
As a subscriber to our newsletter, we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. GDPR comes into force with the aim of strengthening data protection for people within the EU. The new law requires that consent to receive communication must be "freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous". Importantly, there must be a positive opt-in as opposed to an opt-out.
Our newsletter has been opt-in for a number of years, and we hope you’ll want to remain in touch.
Our legitimate interests for contacting you:
• Providing information about the centre that may be of interest to our supporters, such events, fundraising activities and news about services.
• Seeking your consent when we need it to contact you
• Keeping our records up to date
• Being efficient about how we fulfil our legal duties
Here is a list of the ways we may use your personal information:
• To send you our newsletter
• To manage our relationship with you or your business
• To develop and carry out marketing activities
HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you do wish to opt out, you can do so easily at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of this email. We never share your details with any third parties.
Maya Centre Team